Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Group or Individual

Anyone on this site
Just last week, my class done a biology experiment on the substances on food. When I was about to submit my paper(actually it was more like a handout, but for convenience...), Mr. Bio asked me if I represented an individual or a group. That got me enlightened.
Think about it. Would you rather work for a better group or for a better individual. While you might say, to work for a better individual is for a better group, how many of us automatically knows that and actually would want to that. Of course, most of us want to do that, in fact, I agree with working for better individual is working for a better group. However, would you rather have several individuals in a group, or a single working force, self complementing, working seamlessly for the better good? Thus lies the paradox underneath, should a superior individual attempt to teach a comparatively inferior individual to better the other? Of course he should, at fist glance, as it complements moral ethics. But then again, if the former teaches the latter, wouldn't it cause the former to lose out competitively? This realization isn't really "moral" but once again, what is moral anyways? At last, should we work for the group or for the individual? The group, I say, because I ain't perfect, and so are you, and we need others to correct ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment